November 21, 2013

Literary Junkies

Its time for Literary Junkies!  I love linking up with Taylor and Lesley and sharing what I've been reading!


This month’s questions:
1) What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
2) How many books have you read this year? Do you set reading goals for yourself?
3) What do you think are the best and worst book-to-movie/TV show adaptations?
4) What is the first line of your favorite book?
5) What’s your favorite quote from a book?
Here are my answers:
1. What are you currently reading? Tell us about it!
Well, right now I am at the in between space where I just finished a book but haven't started another. 
I just finished Extras by Scott Westerfeld which is the final book in the Uglies series.  These books were...ok. I lost steam about halfway through the second book but had to finish the series! Extras was a bit better than the other but for the simple fact that it supplied the reader with more information about the way these people live.

I am getting ready to start Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver and am so so excited!  Delirium (the first in the series) blew me away!  Plus, left me scrambling to the library for the next after that cliffhanger!  Here is what Goodreads has to say (if you haven't read Delirium there will be spoilers!)
I’m pushing aside 
the memory of my nightmare, 
pushing aside thoughts of Alex, 
pushing aside thoughts of Hana 
and my old school, 
push, 
push, 
push, 
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.

Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.
2) How many books have you read this year? Do you set reading goals for yourself?
I never started setting reading goals until I became a member of Goodreads.  Not only can I easily keep track of all the books I have read but setting a goal keeps me reading!  So far this year I have read 118 books!  I have been lucky enough to find great books and have had lots of free time!

3) What do you think are the best and worst book-to-movie/TV show adaptations?

ha well the worst has got to be The Host!  I could barely contain my laughter BUT it was a hard adaption and Im not sure how else they could have done it.
The best...eh. I dont think any movie adaption comes close to what the book offers.

4) What is the first line of your favorite book?
Too many to pick!!

5) What’s your favorite quote from a book?

"Books may well be the only true magic" Alice Hoffman

"A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library" Shelby Foote
Pink Heels Pink Truck

No comments:

Post a Comment