August 17, 2013

{DIY} Mason Jar Pin Cushion

Happy Weekend!  Thank goodness right?!  
I just wanted to share this super easy ( and adorable!) pin cushion!  I recently got a new to me sewing machine and have LOVED pulling out all of my old sewing supplies out of storage. Unfortunately, my machine needs a little fixing before I can tackle my loooong to-sew list but this project doesn't require any sewing and gets your pins organized. 
All you need is:
  • Glue Gun
  • Mason Jar or old jelly jar (which is what I used)
  • Scrap of fabric
  • Stuffing
  • Hot glue some of the stuffing to the lid of the jar. More fluff means bigger pin cushion, less obviously mean you will have a smaller cushion.  I dont have a huge stash of pins so I used a small amount of fluff
  • Cover stuffing with scrap of fabric. Its not necessary to glue the fabric but if you want, you can
  • Trim excess fabric or glue to the bottom of the lid.  It works either way.
  • Fill jar with pins and add a few to the top for easy access
Admire your new pin cushion!  Its much cuter than the standard tomato that is sold in all the fabric stores!



No comments:

Post a Comment