July 22, 2013

{Snail Mail Collective} Charlotte from Midnight Caramel!

 I am so excited to share my Snail Mail Collective partner with you! This is Charlotte from Midnight Caramel! Blogging from France, she is just the sweetest!  We decided to do a little interview to get to know each other a little better, plus its a great way to introduce her to you guys! My interview is on her blog today too, so go check it out!

1. Tell us a little bit about you.
I'm Charlotte. I'm 28. I'm Frenglish, although I've always lived in France. Which is going to change this autumn because I'm moving to ENGLAND! Which is pretty exciting. I'm a translator (From English to French) and a reader for Hachette Jeunesse, specializing in YA books. I'm a former performer (actress/singer/musician/etc), in love with photography, graphic design and cooking. I love goat cheese. I have an awesome and very talented boyfriend (we just celebrated our two years together!).

2. Tell us a little bit about your blog.
I've had a book blog for years but, last year, I decided it was time for a change. I didn't want to blog about books anymore (books are part of my job, so it got a little too much!). So Midnight Caramel was born! I blog about my adventures and musings, share recipes and lovely finds from the web, and basically have a lot of fun writing and blogging and connecting with people (as the infamous advert says).

3. What does your average day look like?
Since I work from home, it can vary. But, this summer, it goes like this: I wake up at around 7.30am, workout for an hour or so, shower, have breakfast, and then I get to work, translating the book I'm currently working on. Lunch break at noon, and work again until about 6pm. That's when I take the time to go on Bloglovin' to check out my favourite blogs! I then cook ourselves a nice little meal, and we go for a walk afterwards. In the evening I either write and schedule my blog posts (thus my blog name), or we watch a movie, or play music, or I read a book for work before going to sleep.

4. If you could travel in a time machine, what place and what period would you visit?
I think I'd go back 230 million years ago to see some dinosaurs, and maybe snap a few pics. I'd love to see how the world looked like at the time. And I'd try to avoid T-Rexes.

5. What's your biggest dream?
Living a full and happy life. No regrets.

6. What countries have you visited/would you like to visit?
I've visited Spain, Switzerland, England (many times), Canada (twice) and the US (NY mainly). I can't wait to move to England, since it's always been my favourite country to visit... And I'd love to visit Norway, Finland, Iceland and Denmark (I have a thing for cold places).


Complete the following sentences:
7. For me, blogging is a fun way to meet people, boost my creativity and feel free thanks to writing.
8. Love is all you need.
9. Reading is my job AND hobby. Which I think is pretty cool.
10. Cooking is my happy therapy!
Follow Charlotte on


No comments:

Post a Comment