May 14, 2013

{DIY} Yarn Storage

So I have this problem, a yarn problem.  I have piles of yarn that I have bought and only used parts of for other projects and now they are just piling up. I wanted some type of storage that I could DIY and would fit with the vintage y theme of my spare bedroom/craft room.  I loved this one but couldn't for the life of me find a galvanized tub!
I had this Santa popcorn tin still hanging around from Christmas that was desperate for a makeover. It also happened to be the perfect yarn hiding size. Annnd I had chalkboard paint. Perfect.
I ended up painting 3 coats just to make sure everything was covered evenly. I let the paint dry about 45 minutes between each coat. After the 3rd coat dried I "cured" the paint. Cover the entire tub with chalk, if you don't everything you write on the tub will stick and leave an imprint.
All done!  So cute and versatile!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment