March 11, 2013

{Recipe} Minnie's Chocolate Pie

I think we have all heard of the amazingness that is The Help.  Well every time I watch I feel like I should be eating a big fat slice of chocolate pie. Ya know, without that one surprise ingredient.  So I did some searching around for a recipe, stumbled across a couple that were pretty different.  Tried them all, and this is by far my favorite! 

 Ingredients

You first need to bake your crust before putting in any filling.  I used a frozen crust and just let it thaw about 30 minutes before baking it.  Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork a few times, then cover the edges with foil so they don't burn.  Pop it in the oven and let it bake for about 15 minutes. The original recipe say to cover the crust with foil and add pie weights so the bottom doesn't puff up, well I don't own pie weights.  If I see any puffiness before 15 minutes is up I just take the crust out of the oven and re prick those spots with the fork. When 15 minutes is over pull out your crust, remove the foil and let it sit while you mix up the filling.  Also, when you're removing the foil be very careful.  The dough is going to be soft and will tear away easily.
While you're crust is cooling you can start mixing together your filling.  Its really hard....mix together all ingredients.  : )   When I say  mix it all together I am being literal, use your hand mixer or if you are a lucky duck and have a stand mixer, use that.  You have to mix for awhile, I would say a good 5 minutes to get all the ingredients thoroughly blended.  The coco powder like to clump together.  


After you have mixed all your ingredients, its time to pour it into the crust.
And that's it.  No really its that easy.  Bake for about 45 minutes and let it cool until you cut into it.  After it cooled be careful and don't eat the whole thing in one sitting.  Or do, whatev.
Original recipe found here.

2 comments:

  1. So...I think I need to make this, ASAP!! YUM!

    I would love for you to join my Blog Hop! :)

    http://www.pluckys-secondthought.com/pluckys-blog-hop-2/

    Don't fotget to enter the Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete