January 18, 2013

Its the Little Things


Happy Weekend!


This week has been a little caaaraazy!  Sky started classes again on Tuesday, Biology (with lab), Psychology  and an English 2 class.  I think he is amazing and maybe a little nuts!  Working all day and then having classes at night, not getting home until around 9 has to take his toll but he takes it all in stride!  He works so hard for us and I am truly a lucky girl!

Yummy sausage and apples!  I haven't made this in awhile but I think that made it better!  This recipe may look a little strange but is a family favorite passed down from my mamaw. I am going to post the recipe, it is short and doesn't take too long to make. I highly recommend it!!  Oh, you also have to have mac & cheese as a side (the blue box kind is preferred)

Sausage and Apples

1 keilbasa sausage, sliced in bite sized pieces
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup of water (I use less)
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cinnamon
Butter

Brown sausage in butter.  Add water and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves and makes syrup.  Add apples, sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.  Simmer together until apples are tender, but not mushy.  I put a lid on my skillet for a few minutes--it helps the apples cook quicker.  Just don't leave it on too long, or they will turn to apple sauce!!!

If you make this, let me know how it turned out! And if you liked it ; )

This boy.  He gave us quite the scare in the middle of the night. Woke us up choking on god knows what. Super lethargic after.  He perked up pretty quickly but man I think my heart could have jumped from my chest.  It hasn't happened since but we have been keeping a close eye on him.

I know I am waay behind on this, but Netflix has all the seasons so how could I resist!  I just started from the beginning and am so sucked in! Confession: I am a big cheater with shows that are already released, I like to look ahead and see what is going to happen!  It drives Sky crazy but I cant handle the suspense!

Linking up with Lindsey

4 comments:

  1. LOST- hours of my life i will never get back. such a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even believe to tell you how much I am in love with this show! My husband was always obsessed and I never understood why, until I watched a full episode. We just moved and are now watching them all over again on Netflix too!!

    **over from the linkup**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the complete opposite. I can not stand to find out what happens on future shows. If I'm behind a season, I can't watch the current one. I have to wait until I can catch up! And I loved Lost. Not all parts, but the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, there is nothing worse than worrying about our furbabies. I stress out so much when they feel bad I don't see how I could ever handle a human child!

    ReplyDelete