November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

This post may be a few days late but I have a good excuse!  Well, kinda.  I have been filling my days soaking up time with Sky, eating Thanksgiving leftovers, and shopping Black Friday deals!

We broke away from our usual Thanksgiving plans this year and did something a little different.  Since we live so far away from both of our families, we usually take the long weekend Sky has off work to travel to Tennessee to stay with my dad and family there.  Since we had JUST gotten back from Oregon (post to come!) we were a little traveled out.  We invited some friends that didn't have any plans over for a feast and some football!

Since this was my first year cooking Thanksgiving dinner on my own I thought that I would be a little overwhelmed and stressed but actually I had a lot of fun!  Turkey was much easier (although grosser) than I anticipated and turned out so yummy!  Unfortunately, I was a terrible photographer and didn't manage any pictures to show you, but trust me when I tell you it was delish!

Many things to be Thankful for this year:

My wonderful husband
Cutie pie Emmett
stable jobs and the opportunity to be a full time student
loving family and being able to travel to visit
good health
a beautiful home and food on our table

and much much more!

We sure are lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment